Cod with a citrus and oriental sauce
This is my take on a recipe I found on the BBC Food website (which I love!) by James Tanner.
Serves 1 (perfect for students)
I like to serve this with homemade chips but for a healthy alternative I use boiled potatoes and spinach.
• 1 x piece of cod
• 1 x orange (juice only)
• 1 x lime (juice only)
• 2 teaspoons of soy sauce (I often add an extra half a teaspoon for extra flavour)
• ½ teaspoon of dried chili flakes
• Scrunch of pepper
• ½ teaspoon of coriander (dried or leaf)
• Pinch of parsley
1. Juice the orange and the lime into a frying pan with the soy sauce and chilli flakes. Allow to slowly bubble for 2 minutes.
2. Add the cod to the sauce and allow to cook for 3 minutes each side until the cod is completely cooked through.
3. At the last minute add the pepper parsley and coriander.
4. Serve with your chosen side dishes.